SAFETY PROFESSIONAL SHALL
- Assist in risk analysis, and planning practical and effective solutions toward safe working practices in compliance with applicable standards
- Ability to apply information and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain and uphold high ethical standards
- Physical stamina to stand or respond for long periods of time
- Understand, interpret and provide leadership and positive support for the spirit and intent of the facility’s safety program.
- Participate in daily progress update meetings during plant outages and project activities.
- Daily interface and supporting of contractor safety department representatives.
- Daily / regular field inspections/audits of work in progress.
- Audit compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Assist with Daily Safety Observations to trend safety in the area (or similar programs).
- Daily random auditing of active work permits.
- Discussion with operations, maintenance, and contractors on issues pertaining to safety.
- Communicate incident details to appropriate departments and/or contractors.
- Daily auditing of lock out tagout, hot work, confined space entry.
- Tracking of near misses, first aid and accidents.
- Assist with inputting incident information into applicable databases when required.
- Assist with accident investigations
- Provide feedback to Client Representatives on issues/trends identified that relate to safety performance.
- Minimum of 5 years direct safety experience in the power generation gas and coal, or a minimum 10 years’ experience in operations with 5 years directly related safety experience.
- Able to work in an industrial environment, outdoors in all types of weather.
- Climbing to heights over 50 feet. Ladders / scaffolds / generation equipment.
- Walking, standing 80% of the time. Potential long work hours during outages / shutdowns (12hr shifts)
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, company and client regulations
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel) and Gmail
- Experience with confined space entry requirements
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, company and client regulations.
- Ability to present in a professional manner and interact with all levels of worker and management with the utmost respect
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in hotels to client location
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30, OSHA 511, CUSP, CSHO
- Valid Transportation Workers Certification Card (TWIC)
- Occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or industrial related safety and health experience.