Certified Utility Safety Professional
Seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our team of highly regarded safety industry experts providing on-site project support. Candidates for this position must have a safety certification (CUSP, ASP, CSP)
Certified Utility Safety Professional shall:
- Understand, interpret, and provide leadership and positive support for the client's safety program's spirit and intent.
- Participate in daily progress update meetings during plant outages and project activities.
- Daily interface and support of contractor safety department representatives.
- Daily / regular field inspections/audits of work in progress.
- Audit compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Assist with Daily Safety Observations to trend safety in the area (or similar programs).
- Daily random auditing of active work permits.
- Discussion with operations, maintenance, and contractors on issues of safety.
- Communicate incident details to appropriate departments and contractors.
- Daily auditing of lockout tagout, hot work, confined space entry.
- Tracking of near misses, first aid, and accidents.
- Assist with inputting incident information into applicable databases when required.
- Assist with accident investigations
- Provide feedback to Client Representatives on issues/trends identified that relate to safety performance.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct safety experience in power generation, transmission, and distribution safety practices.
- Able to work in an industrial environment, outdoors in all types of weather.
- Climbing to heights over 50 feet. Ladders / scaffolds / generation equipment.
- Walking and standing 70% of the time. Potential long work hours during outages/shutdowns (12hr shifts)
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, company, and client regulations
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel) and Gmail
- Experience with confined space entry requirements
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, company, and client regulations.
- Ability to present in a professional manner and interact with all levels of worker and management with the utmost respect
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in hotels near the client's location
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation
- Work is East Coast
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30, OSHA 511, CUSP, CSHO
- Occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and industrial-related safety and health experience.